Be a Busy Bee in Boerne this Weekend!
The first week of April is upon us, and there is a lot to do to celebrate it! This upcoming week, there’s fun for the whole family including loads of shopping adventures, live music out the wazoo, multiple Easter egg hunts, newly installed Art Al Fresco pieces and the Parade of Artists to check out. All the fun starts right here in Boerne!
There is a little of everything to be had in the shopping department here in Boerne this weekend! Come find a bargain!
- Just Between Friends Sale – Thursday, April 6 - Saturday, April 8, Kendall County Fairgrounds - Come and find Easter bests and warm weather clothes for the kiddos! Discover toys, books, games, clothes, shoes, strollers, and more. You could save 50-90% off retail! Saturday is half-priced day and runs from 9:00AM-3:00PM! We have FREE PASSES at the Visitor Center and free tickets can be found on Eventbrite. The $3 per person fee at the door goes to charity.
- Farmers Market at the Cibolo – Saturday, April 8, Herff Farm- Find the freshest produce for your family including farm fresh eggs, breads, jellies, jams, local honey, and more! Bring the whole family and enjoy children’s arts and crafts, live music, gardening classes, and cooking demonstrations. This is event is open to the public every Saturday through November from 9:00AM-1:00PM.
- Boerne Market Days – Saturday, April 8, Main Plaza- It’s the second weekend of the month again, and Boerne Market Days is here once more. Discover hundreds of booths featuring traditions of the Texas Hill Country with countless creations of today’s culture. Shop for collectibles, clothes, jewelry, and gifts of all kinds while enjoying live music and delicious foods! 10:00AM-5:00PM
- Shop the Hill Country Mile- Shopping along the Hill Country Mile, you’ll find everything from on-trend boutique clothing and home décor to treasured antique pieces.
- Spring Diva Night – Thursday, April 13, Boerne Hill Country Mile- Spring is in full swing, and our local shops are teeming with new items for the warm weather! Take a stroll down the Hill Country Mile to restock your wardrobe with this season’s latest fashions on Diva Night. Bring all the girls out to support your local businesses while enjoying music, dining, selfie stations, and drawings along Main Street starting at 5:00PM.
Live Music –
It’s EVERYWHERE! Boerne’s live music scene is exploding these days! Check our listing of venues that have regularly scheduled tunes. The list includes The Round Up, Drink Texas Biergarten, & Random where you can grab some food truck grub and a pint while you jam! Many places have live music Thursday- Sunday even! Keep an eye on the calendar of events on our website or subscribe to our Upcoming Events on Facebook to get notifications.
- Boerne Performing Arts Presents: Taj Express – Friday, April 7, Champion High School Auditorium- Boerne Performing Arts features its final performance of the 2017 season, “Taj Express”! Get lost in the captivating sounds of Bollywood through a fusion of film, dance, and music that celebrates Indian pop culture. Purchase tickets online for the 7:30pm showing.
Egg Hunts –
Start celebrating Easter early with one of two egg hunts this weekend!
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt – Saturday, April 8, Boerne City Lake Park- Presented by the Boerne Parks & Recreation Department, bring the family out for face painting, classic Easter Bunny pictures, an inflatable obstacle course, and crafts! Festivities start at 10:30AM, and hunting begins at 11:15AM SHARP with over 15,000 stuffed eggs to find!!! Mobil food vendors will be available. Free admission into the park!
- 2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt – Sunday, April 9, The Roundup- Free event for families to come and enjoy food trucks, a playground, live music, and egg hunts devised into age groups! Four hunts will be broken up into age groups starting at 2pm. The final hunt at 3:30pm will be for all ages. Get ready to run!!
Prepared to be artistically inspired and wear your walking shoes! Enjoy these two programs that will take you out and about in Boerne.
- 21st Annual Boerne Parade of Artists – Saturday, April 8 & Sunday, April 9, The Hill Country Mile- Enjoy a self-guided tour along Boerne’s Historic Hill Country Mile. See an array of paintings in oils, watercolors, pastels, and acrylics of over 30 of Boerne’s finest local artists. The “parade” runs on Saturday, April 8th from 10:00AM-8:00PM; and Sunday, April 9th from 10:00AM-3:00PM. Enjoy live music and complimentary wine & hors d’oeuvres while the artists demonstrate their techniques and styles throughout the event. This event is FREE to the public!!!
- Art Al Fresco - Discover new and innovative art sculptures in Boerne! Pieces have been installed to the existing collection. Take a walk down the Historic Hill Country Mile or explore the Boerne Trail system to see through the eyes of the artists. Art Al Fresco’s new brochure for the 2017-2018 season can be found on their website!