Date: May 4, 2019
Time: 9 am to 4 pm
Come join us for a beautiful outdoor quilt show. Hundreds of beautiful handmade quilts will be on display on Boerne's Main Plaza and along Main St adorning front porches in historic Downtown Boerne. Admission and event programs are free and can be picked up from the event headquarters, from quilt angels or in stores along Main Street (Hauptstrasse).
Browse and shop while you're at the event. There will be an assortment of vendors. Some quilts displayed on Main Plaza will also be for sale. Sit down for lunch in one of Boerne's quaint restaurants.
Antique Quilts- If you have a quilt that is 50 years old or older that you would like to share please feel free to enter them in the event. We would like to have a story behind the quilt to share as well if possible.
Patriotic Quilts- We will display the patriotic quilts at Veterans Plaza this year. We would love to include your patriotic quilts in this display. They should include an "Americana" theme; include a color palette of red, white & blue etc.
Modern Quilts- Should adhere to the AMQG standards of a "Modern Quilt". Quilts that do not fit this standard will be hung in the general display
Registering Your Quilts -
Quilts must be registered by paper registration see forms below. Each Quilt will need to be registered individually.
All quilts must be turned in with your paper registration form and a picture of your quilt.
Once Registered bring your quilts to the:
Patrick Heath Public Library
451 N Main Street
Boerne, TX 78006
Quilts should be dropped off April 27th, 10 to 3:30pm and April 29th through May 1st, 10am to 4pm.
If you would like to be a vendor at this event you must register online.
Due to the nature of this event. Food Vendors WILL NOT be permitted.
We will start taking vendor registrations March 1, 2019.
If you are available on Saturday, May 5, 2018 to be a Quilt Angel please contact Peggy Morton at 210-387-7289 to schedule your block of time before (hanging), during (guarding) and after (taking down) the event.
- Online Registration and Release Form (adults 18 and older)
- Registration and Release form (Minors) can be dropped off at:
- 1017 Adler Street (Boerne Parks and Recreation Administrative Office)
- or mailed to:
PO Box 1677
Boerne, TX 78006
Note: Parent signature is required
- Hanging: We will have the cables pre-hung. Volunteers will work in teams with committee members and parks and recreation staff members to clothes pin quilts on the line prior to the start of the event at 9 a.m. These volunteers will meet at the Chamber of Commerce at 7 a.m. to pick up shopping baskets filled with quilts that are designated to be hung in specific areas.
- Guarding: Once the quilts have been hung volunteers from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. will be given boxes of gloves to offer to the public that may be interested in touching quilts to avoid getting the quilts dirty. These individuals will also be briefed on the event schedule and purchasing procedures so they can point event participants to the appropriate resources if they are asked questions that they may not know the answer to.
- Taking Down: Reverse of the hanging job. At 4 p.m. these volunteers will meet at the Chamber of Commerce to pick up baskets and will work in teams to remove the quilts from the lines, fold them (being sure that the ID tag is facing out) and re-bagging the quilts to return to "Home Base" at the Chamber of Commerce where they will be checked in and resorted in numeric order. We will not be returning quilts to their owners until every quilt has been checked back in from the lines.